This article will help you resolve the error BTRIEVE 86 File Table Full when trying to open a company from the Company Selection screen or Transaction Data Entry screen.
Follow these steps:
Reboot your computer to see if that clears the error, otherwise, see the following:
- Right-click on the EasyACCT icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Open the company or enter transactions.
- If the Btrieve 86 error reoccurs, close EasyACCT.
Open Task Manager:
- Right-click on your taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and select the Image Name column to sort.
- Find W32MKDE.EXE and select End Process.
- Close Task Manager.
If the error continues:
If the error continues, you'll want to delete the Btrieve Technologies key from the Windows Registry. To do this, follow these steps:
This requires modification of the Windows Registry. Serious problems may occur if the registry is modified incorrectly. Intuit strongly recommends having an IT professional make these changes if you are not comfortable with editing the registry. It's also strongly recommended to make a backup of the registry before proceeding. See here for further instruction.
- Close EasyACCT.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- In the search field, enter regedit.
- Right-click on the Registry Editor search result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder from the left side of the Registry Editor.
- Expand the Software folder.
- Expand the WOW6432Node folder.
- Locate the Btrieve Technologies folder.
- Right-click the Btrieve Technologies folder and select Delete.
- Select Yes to delete the key.
- From the file menu choose Exit.
If the error continues, contact EasyAcct technical support.