In EasyACCT, an improper file size comparison causes the Internet Update process to abort. The file is an ezq.zip (or other .zip or .cab file). How do you fix it?
Resolving the improper file size comparison issue
Before you start: see if the user is using a Sonic Firewall, which is a hard-wired connection. If so, the user's local IT professional should examine the logs and enter exceptions as needed.
To resolve the improper file size comparison issue:
- Disable the antivirus and firewall programs running on your system:
- Check with your antivirus vendor or your local IT professional to learn how to disable the antivirus and firewall temporarily.
- Exclude the following files from all firewalls in Windows, Routers, and antivirus programs:
- Allow the following URL in all firewalls in Windows, Routers, and antivirus programs: https://webservicesfp.lscsoft.com/downloads/ez/2021_2022
- Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- When your computer is ready, start the Internet Update.
- Before rebooting after installation, select Normal Start Up Mode from msconfig.