Before running the Lacerte database repair utility, CLPACK, we suggest creating a backup of your data. You can use the Backup feature in the program to backup your data, or you can manually copy your data folders to another spot on your hard drive or to an external drive. This article will assist you with manually copying your data folders.
Follow these steps to manually copy your data folders:
- Open Lacerte.
- Press F10 on your keyboard to open the Technical Support Information window.
- Go to the System Information tab.
- Scroll down the list and take note of the Data Path.
- The data path shown in the System Information tab is the for the module you're are currently in. To see the data path for the other modules, select the Client menu and choose Tax Type, select the desired module, and repeat steps 1-4.
- The default data folders are IDATA = Individual, PDATA = Partnership, CDATA = Corporate, FDATA = Fiduciary, NDATA = Gift, RDATA = Exempt, TDATA = Estate, BDATA = Benefit, SDATA = S-Corporate.
- Close Lacerte on all workstations.
- Browse to the Data Path you noted in step 4 using the Windows search box in the taskbar.
- Right-click the data folder and select Copy.
- Go to your desktop, right-click on an open space, and click Paste.
- After you've copied and pasted the folder, you can run CLPACK using the steps in this article.