You can copy client files to a zip drive, flash drive, or CD and back them up.
Before you start:
- Don’t copy files directly to the root directory on your zip or flash drive, as only a limited number of files can be stored there.
- If you store your client files in multiple folders, set the client data file folder to one folder at a time.
- You'll need to repeat the copy/backup command separately for each different directory.
- If you’re burning to a CD, you may need to format it first.
Follow these steps to copy or back up client files:
- Go to HomeBase and select the client files you want to back up.
- From the File menu, select Client File Maintenance.
- Choose Copy / Backup.
- Enter your target directory in the Set target directory field.
- Click on Backup client(s).