Table of contents:
Additional guides are available for setting up some additional products in the hosted environment:
- Document Management System (DMS)
- Microsoft Office
- EasyAcct Professional and Information Return System (IRS)
Activating your Rightworks account, adding users, and assigning packages
Adding users and assigning packages after the Welcome Wizard
Setting up access from your computer
Click on the Download Setup Wizard link on the upper right of your Rightworks AppHub My Apps screen, then click on the Windows or Mac button in the pop-up to download the appropriate wizard for your computer.
Note: The wizard can be run on multiple computers and set to use the same login. Keep in mind that only one computer can access the hosted environment at the same time with the same login. For example, if you leave your home computer signed in to the hosted environment and go to your office and use it to access hosted the home computer will be kicked off.
In rare cases, you may not be able to run the setup wizard. Usually this is due to local system configuration. If this happens you'll need to manually set up access.
- The package assigned to a user (and add-ons, if any) control what's available to install for them.
- The Account Owner, and users with the role of Account Admin, can install apps for any users that have been assigned a package.
- Users with the User (catalog) role that have been assigned a package can install apps for themselves and will be taken directly to the Applications tab when they sign in to the portal.
- Install ProSeries for the user who should be the ProSeries admin first.
- Login to your Rightworks AppHub.
- Select My Apps in the left column to install apps for yourself.
- Click Install App for all desired programs.
- The 10 most recent years of ProSeries and Fixed Asset Manager are available to install on the Auto Install Apps tab in the Available Applications section along with the current version of ProSeries Document Management System.
- Other apps are available to install both on this tab and the Manual Install Apps tab.
- Once an app has been installed, you'll see it in the Installed Applications section.
- To install for other users, choose Admin Console in the left column.
- Go to the Users tab.
- Select the name, or email address, for the desired user.
- Click Install App for all desired programs.
- Select All Users in the upper left to quickly get back to your list of users if you need to repeat to install for additional users.
Before uploading your data using automation, check the space you have available on your C:\ drive. ProSeries will need enough space to temporarily copy the files you'll be uploading. You can have the automation tool upload one year, then run it again to upload a different year if needed. You can check your disk space in File Explorer by selecting This PC on the left. The available space will appear under Devices and drives.
Uploading your data to Rightworks:
- Open 2023 ProSeries locally.
- Close all other years of ProSeries.
- Ask all other ProSeries users at your firm to close all years that you will be uploading.
- From the Tools menu, select Intuit Hosting for ProSeries Tax (Rightworks) and choose Copy Data Files to Hosting (data transfer).
- After reviewing the notice, select Confirm.
- Enter your Rightworks Username and Password, and then select Sign In.
- On the Select Files screen, check the programs whose data you'd like uploaded to Right Networks.
- Select the Show more files link to see additional options.
- After you've made your selections, click the blue Upload button at the bottom right of the window.
- If you experience an interruption in your internet service, the upload will resume once the connection is re-established.
Importing your data in Rightworks:
- Open the 2023 ProSeries program in Rightworks.
- Do not open other years of ProSeries or DMS until the files have completed importing.
- Enter your Customer Account Number and Zip Code when prompted and follow the licensing prompts.
- Sign in to ProSeries.
- From the Tools menu, select Intuit Hosting for ProSeries Tax (Rightworks), then choose Import files into Hosting.
- The File Selection screen will automatically detect all applications that were uploaded earlier. Make sure that this is accurate, and then select Start Import.
- After the Import completes, a Summary will be saved to your I:\ Drive. Click Close to finish.
Completing your program setup:
Installing additional tax types and states
In the hosted environment, only the 1040, 1120, 1120S, and 1065 Federal Products are installed to start. This is because the ProSeries program is slow when everything is installed. You'll need to install what's needed to be able to open your client files.
- Open ProSeries.
- From the Update menu, choose Select and Download New Products.
- Be sure to check the desired Federal Products in the lower left in addition to checking the needed State Products.
- If you have more than one computer monitor, you may find it helpful to open the same year of ProSeries locally on your other monitor and navigate to this screen so you can compare it with what you installed locally.
- Click Next.
- Click Install Now when the Ready to Install screen appears.
You may be automatically prompted to license ProSeries.
To manually license ProSeries:
From the Tools menu, select License Products.
Updating your e-file acknowledgements
When you move your files over, e-file acknowledgements will need to be redownloaded.
This option is available for the current tax year, and the two prior tax years, while the IRS Modernized e-File Status (MeF) is open.
- Go to the EF Center HomeBase view.
- Select the returns.
- From the E-file menu, select Electronic Filing.
- Select Update Acknowledgement Status of Selected Returns/Extensions/Payments.
- Choose to update Only the selected return.
- Select OK to retrieve the latest available status.
ProSeries Fixed Asset Manager (FAM)
Uploading other data into the hosted environment
By default, the keyboard shortcuts will work in the hosted environment when it's maximized. Small files and folders can be copied locally. Then, you can browse to the desired location on your H:\ or I:\ drive and use the Ctrl+V shortcut to paste. Alternatively, you can open File Explorer, click the Home menu, and click Paste button. Larger sets of data will often require zipping.