Lacerte is slow on some workstations and gets slower throughout the day. How do you fix this performance issue?
Understanding and resolving the performance issue
This usually happens after you upgrade or change your workstation's network server.
Before you start:
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
To resolve the issue:
- Select Start, then File Explorer.
- Enter the file path C:\Lacerte\YYtax\OPTIONYY.
- Scroll to and right-click the PROFXO.PO file.
- Select Rename.
- Change the name of the file to PROFXO.OLD and hit enter.
- Restart the Lacerte program.