Before you start:
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
- If you used mapped drives in prior years, you should continue to use the same mapped drive with the new version of ProSeries. For assistance with mapping network drives, review information on the Microsoft support site.
- ProSeries Professional supports two types of network installation. Choose the instructions below that best describes your office setup:
- Peer-to-peer network installation: is used when one computer in the office will act as both a user workstation and will store the shared ProSeries files locally.
- Client-server network installation: is used when a server or separate computer will serve only as file storage and all workstations connect to the network to gain access to the shared ProSeries files.
If your on a peer-to-peer network:
If your on a client-server network:
When installing to a network workstation, the setup.exe file is missing from X:\ProNetYY\Wkstn
You have a new computer that will be a new workstation. However, when you try to install ProSeries Professional, the setup.exe file is missing.