Recreating another preparer's or software program's return in Lacerte can be very difficult and time-consuming. In most cases, the return will not generate the same in Lacerte as originally reported by direct input alone.
The quickest and easiest way to recreate another return in Lacerte is to enter the data as close as possible to the original return using the detailed input screens. Overrides are almost always necessary, especially if the original return had incorrect amounts reported on the originally filed forms.
Typically a return needs to be recreated to file an amended return for a new client. In which case, it is important to remember the taxing agencies already have the original return, therefore, it will not be necessary to produce a duplicate of the return. In these cases, it becomes a very simple task as input in the amended screen is available to enter the amount directly on the amended return by using the column for As originally reported. Once the originally reported numbers are entered, enter all data necessary to generate a correct return.
The Correct Amount column is an override column as the program calculates these based on the numbers in the originally reported column combined with the data entered correctly.
- How to amend an individual return (1040X) in Lacerte
- Amending a 706 estate return
- Amending a partnership return in Lacerte
- Generating Form 1120X corporate amended return in Lacerte
- Amending an S Corporation Return (Form 1120S/Schedule K-1/State returns)
- Amending Form 1041 for an Estate or Trust
- Amending an Exempt Organization return in Lacerte
- Amending Form 709 in Lacerte