Primary Options allow network administrators to adjust the options for all users.
Before you start:
- Primary Options is only available if you have a Network license. Standalone licenses will not see Primary Options under the Tools menu.
- All users must be out of the Lacerte program before making changes to the Primary Options.
To update options for all users using Primary Options:
- From the Settings menu, select Primary Options.
- Select the following tab(s) and make the desired changes to the Primary Options:
- Trustee Rights
- Items to Print
- Tax Return
- Firms Info
- Select OK after you have made the desired changes.
- Choose the applicable option:
- Select Reset All Options to reset all the options for all users. Selecting Reset All Options will change all users programs options to match your Primary Options.
- Select Current Changes only to update the current changes to the options for all users. Selecting Current Changes Only, will apply only the changes you made during this session to everyone on the network.
- Review the warning that all users must exit the program in order for the changes to take affect. If any users remain in the program before clicking OK, the changes will not be applied to their options.