The ProSeries Local Backup tool is designed to backup data and settings files from the original/old computer, then restore those files on the new computer.
- This utility will only backup files from within the default Data folder path, not files stored elsewhere in a custom location.
- The utility requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 to be installed
- This utility may be used for ProSeries Professional standalone and network installations and ProSeries Basic.
- The utility may be used for tax years 2013 and newer.
- It's intended to be restored on a new computer after the program is installed.
Creating your backup file:
- Open ProSeries Professional 2023 or ProSeries Basic 2023.
- From the File menu, select Migrate ProSeries.
- Select Yes to close ProSeries.
- Select Backup ProSeries.
- Select the years and versions you would like to include in the backup and click Backup ProSeries.
- If any other years or versions of ProSeries are open you'll be prompted to close them.
- Confirm your selection by clicking OK.
- When complete select Close.
- You'll find a folder on your desktop titled ProSeriesBackups.
- This folder can be moved to a USB drive or other transfer device to migrate your ProSeries data to a new computer. See here for additional details on moving files to a USB device.