Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a copy of 941 returns from the IRS. Former Accountant no help

Level 3

How can I request a copy of the filed 941 returns for a company?  The former Bookkeeper will not help.  Will the Hotline give that information?  Is there a form to file?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Level 15

You might start with the easiest way:

"Business entities can request their transcripts using form 4506-T by faxing or mailing the form to the appropriate number or location indicated on the form’s instructions. Faxing is generally the quicker method to obtain the transcripts. If you mail the form, you may want to
consider sending it via certified mail with a return receipt requested.

Business entities may also try calling 1-800-829-1040. Some business entities have been
successful at getting transcripts faxed to them the same day.





"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Level 11

The former bookeeper was suppose to give the copies of the payroll reports when they stopped being the bookeeper. Sounds like the problem is with your client.

0 Cheers
Level 15
Level 15

You may get it quicker by calling the PPS hotline with an 8821 in hand that you can fax to them, Ive heard the wait times arent too bad right now!