Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 not transmitting when e-filing

madalton
Level 2

I have a client whose 1095-A had column A completed and 0 for column B & C. I went online and calculated the proper amount to enter in Column B and put 0 in column C. Additionally I linked the payments to the clients Schedule C. It computed the Net premium tax credit which appears on Schedule 3 Part II line 9. When I tried to e-file the return, it was rejected because Form 8962 did not transmit with the return. When i went to forms, there was no checkmark beside the form even though it printed out with the return and included in the tax calculation. Why is this ? Mark

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@madalton wrote:

and put 0 in column C.

Zero?  Or blank?  I think some programs give errors with a zero (they want it blank).

Which software do you use?

What EXACTLY is the error message?  Was it an IRS rejection or an Intuit rejection that it wouldn't send it?

madalton
Level 2

Error S3-F1040-802: If Schedule 3 (Form 1040), "ReconciledPremiumTaxCreditAMT" has a non-zero value, then Form 8962 must be present in the return....rejected by IRS...tried removing 0's on 1095-A and no effect. Even though the 8962 form is filled in and credit flows thru correctly, the Form 8962 does not show as active on the Forms list and will not trasnsmit. Mark [removed]

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

1. REMOVE YOUR PHONE #.

This is a public forum. No one from Intuit will call you; but who knows who will.

2. Lacerte and ProConnect want -1 for zero. Did you try that? I don't think you mentioned the software.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
madalton
Level 2

Changed 0 to positive 1 and it was accepted. Thanks for the assistance

0 Cheers