Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Amended tax return

Jul21720
Level 3

On 03/18/2022 I e-filed a 2020 Amended tax return, Pro series EF Status shows e-filing "Accepted". As of today, I have not been able to print an Acknowledgement report from Intuit (ProSeries Basic Edition). My client has been expecting a refund ever since and has not received any notice from the IRS concerning his amended return, it has been a while since I filed his return and believe we should have heard from the IRS by now. How can I help my client get information about his refund? Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

irs.gov has an option to check on amended returns.

Hey, it's only been 6 7 months. 

"Status of Processing Form 1040-X, Amended Individual Tax Return: As of October 1, 2022, we had 1.4 million unprocessed Forms 1040-X. We are processing these returns in the order received and the current timeframe can be more than 20 weeks. Please don't file the same return more than once.  Taxpayers should continue to check ​Where's My Amended Return? for the most up to date processing status available."

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
sjrcpa
Level 15

irs.gov has an option to check on amended returns.

Hey, it's only been 6 7 months. 

"Status of Processing Form 1040-X, Amended Individual Tax Return: As of October 1, 2022, we had 1.4 million unprocessed Forms 1040-X. We are processing these returns in the order received and the current timeframe can be more than 20 weeks. Please don't file the same return more than once.  Taxpayers should continue to check ​Where's My Amended Return? for the most up to date processing status available."

Ex-AllStar