Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-G state tax ID number

richvilla123
Level 2

I have a client that received a refund from both Idaho and Utah

They do not have a 1099-G from either state

Where can I obtain the State ID number for Idaho and Utah to input into the return information

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
richvilla123
Level 2

OK guys 

I called both Idaho and Utah

Idaho gave me the ID number over the phone

Utah refused to give me the ID number over the phone without a w-9 being filed???

They do not issue a 1099-G if the taxpayer filed a federal return using standard deduction, however they would send a 1099-g to the taxpayer per my request. "Gee Thanks" I guess giving me the ID # over the phone is against national security

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

Bookmark this. Use it:

https://www.atxcommunity.com/topic/14415-please-provide-your-states-ein-and-address-that-would-be-sh...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
richvilla123
Level 2

OK guys 

I called both Idaho and Utah

Idaho gave me the ID number over the phone

Utah refused to give me the ID number over the phone without a w-9 being filed???

They do not issue a 1099-G if the taxpayer filed a federal return using standard deduction, however they would send a 1099-g to the taxpayer per my request. "Gee Thanks" I guess giving me the ID # over the phone is against national security

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I called both Idaho and Utah"

They are both in the link I provided 2.5 hours before you posted this. Did you click the Link?

I checked that they both are there, and that's why you would Bookmark it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
richvilla123
Level 2

Great Stuff

Thanks

0 Cheers