Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisconsin Homestead Credit

Cbeseler
Level 1

Taxpayer has no WI taxable income - over age 70 with SS, pension of $6000, and $1 of dividends. When I check the box for Sch H only results in $140 credit. When I uncheck the box to include the WI to be able to file, the schedule H and credit goes away. I seem to remember that I need to add something in because of the no income, but can't remember what to do to get the H to generate

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

For homestead in WI you have to enter ALL INCOME (taxable, and nontaxable) on schedule H, and fill out the Property tax form, or rent certificate depending if they rent or own. I believe the maximum income is $24680, but haven't checked if it has changed lately.

0 Cheers
Cbeseler
Level 1

When I enter the income - Social Security, IRA distribution, $1 dividends the schedule is not generated.  If I check the box in ProConnect for H only to view the Schedule, all the amounts are doubled, resulting in 0 credit.  If I override the credit amount, it shows the refund from sch H, but no Schedule is printed to view.  Total income is $18,535

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Sorry I use ProSeries Pro, and can't help in how to call up schedule H in ProConnect. 

0 Cheers
Cbeseler
Level 1

The solution I found was to check the box to opt out of the retirement income subtraction.  The income flowed from the return, including the medical insurance amount, the schedule generated and credit resulted.

0 Cheers