Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the "E-Signature Date" duplicate on my authorization forms? (CRITICAL - BUG)

danielrioz1229
Level 1

As I'm unable to locate a bug reporting feature on the Pro Connect website, I'm posting my issue here. The problem I'm encountering is quite crucial: when I request e-signatures and fill out the tax payer's e-signature date on Pro Connect, the client's signature appears on top of mine, making it unreadable. I attempted to resolve the issue by not including the Tax Payer signature date, but when I submitted the return it was denied. Consequently, I added both signatures, but the resulting document is illegible. I don't want this to happen next year tax season. The documents I'm referring to is the e-file authorization forms.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Contact Support EITHER https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/proconnect-tax-assist... OR https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect-...

They should have the answer. Please post it back here when you find out. My guess is you should not be doing any date input before you get the e-signature, as you do not know when they will sign when you send it to them. I do not use this feature. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
juliarblue
Level 2

This has happened to me on some returns when I enter a date prior to requesting the esignature from the client. The solution is to leave the signature date blank in ProConnect, when sending out the esignature request then fill in the date they esigned it in ProConnect prior to efiling the return.  

MizSherrid1
Level 1

If you don't use the esignature form, do they sign in person  and can you upload a signature page they have signed in person?  I'm new to ProConnect and have lots of questions.

Thanks,

Sherri