Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is 8915-f instructions for tax year 2022

migliciolaw
Level 1
critical diagnosis states the instructions for 8915-f tax year 2022 are still in draft. It does appear that proconnect software is not generating the 8915-f for tax year 2022 correctly based on the carry over from 2020 and2021, and the info entered for those years is correct,,,,is anyone else having this problem
0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
abctax55
Level 15

Everyone using any Intuit software (well, maybe NOT TurbohhhhhhhTax) has complained for the last month.

So yes, all have the problem.

IRS has to release the instructions; per Intuit they haven't.   

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rcooley25
Level 11

Form 8915 F has been up and running since March 9th.

IRonMaN
Level 15

For ProSeries

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

hmmmmmm - guess I should check Lacerte.  But as I don't have a dog in this fight, I haven't been constantly counting the days to the supposed launch.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

@abctax55 and @migliciolaw 

The form is available without watermark in both Lacerte and PTO, according to form status.

But Intuit is definitely late in finalizing the release.  It's been a little more than a month since the IRS published the final instructions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
migliciolaw
Level 1

there was no question about the form, 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@migliciolaw The form is final, the instructions are in draft. File at your own risk of the instructions changing. The alert for draft instructions is meant to be informative and can be ignored to continue filing. 

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Again I do not know where this information is coming from because om Pro Basic this form has been finalized and able to file since March 9th

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I misspoke in my earlier post.  The final instructions have not yet been released by the IRS.

The final form was posted by the IRS on March 15 but the latest instructions were from last year, posted on February 15, 2022.  Since the IRS has not yet published the final instructions, it is understandable why Intuit would trigger a diagnostic when the return includes F.8915-F.

Like @IntuitGabi says, you could always check to ignore the diagnostic if can't wait to file and you are comfortable the return is complete and accurate.

https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsInstructions.html?value=8915-f&criteria=formNumber&submi...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
rcooley25
Level 11

If your misspeaking is the worse thing that happens today then it is going to be a good day.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@rcooley25 There's nothing Fireballs can't solve.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

agree agree agree

0 Cheers