Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you enter a client's IP PIN in Proconnect?

cwtaxandnotary
Level 1

One of my client's tax return keeps getting rejected.  They applied for a IP PIN per the instructions however that has not resolved the issue.  Where is it supposed to go on the tax return?  Just checking to make sure I didn't do something incorrect.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Did you enter the IP PIN on Client Information under Taxpayer/Spouse Authentication?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
cwtaxandnotary
Level 1

Yes.  I entered the IP PIN in the IRS Theft Protection PIN field.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

What exactly are the code and message you received for the rejection?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
cwtaxandnotary
Level 1

Details for your rejected filing.

Error message: The Dependent/Qualifying Person Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) provided on the return is not valid. Please visit www.irs.gov/getanippin for further information and resubmit your return with the correct number.
Solution: The Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IPPIN) must match the IRS e-File database. Double check your entry and resubmit your return with the correct number. This entry is in Federal Taxes tab| Other Tax Situations| Other Return Info | Identity Protection Pin For further information visit www.irs.gov/get-an-ippin. For assistance about the IPPIN you should contact IRS at 1-800-908-4490 or visit a Taxpayer Assistance Center.
Code: IND-996
0 Cheers