Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I input ordinary income on a schedule D from an employee/employer stock sale? I do not see an ordinary income field on Schedule D.

worthlambert
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxMonkey
Level 8

Just to rephrase.  There is no place on the Schedule D to enter ordinary income.  If an employee receives stock as compensation it is reported as wages.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
TaxMonkey
Level 8

Just to rephrase.  There is no place on the Schedule D to enter ordinary income.  If an employee receives stock as compensation it is reported as wages.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's most likely already on the W-2.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
worthlambert
Level 1
Checked W2 and I am not seeing it.  Recognize the ordinary income at the time of the stock sale.   Put on other income field?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's normally included in box 1 of the W-2  Do you have paystubs and the detail of the stock sale to verify that it isn't included?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
worthlambert
Level 1
I have the 1099 DIV tax information listing of the stock sale.   If it is on the paycheck stub included in Box 1 of the W2 it would not stand out.   I was looking at the box 12.
I will check on the paystub.   Thanks for your help.
0 Cheers