Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter the NY State-issued PIN?

Hello all - 

Trying to e-file a return and I get the following critical diagnostic:
"New York requires a Document ID/State-Issued PIN for the primary taxpayer when Driver's License information has been entered for authentication. The State-Issued PIN is the 8 or 10-digit number on the lower right corner of the license, permit or non-driver ID, or on the back if it was produced after January 28, 2014. If the document has been recently replaced and the replacement has not been received in the mail yet, and you are trying to do an online transaction, the number from the old document won't work. You need to wait for the new document to arrive. On enhanced documents issued after 1/28/2014, the document number begins after 'IDUSA' and is on the back of the document. For more information on New York's driver license requirements, please visit  NY - Ref #46584"

I have the PIN from the back of the taxpayer's license, but don't know where/how to enter it into ProConnect to clear the above diagnostic. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thx. 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Isn't it where you enter the rest of the Driver's license info?

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Isn't it where you enter the rest of the Driver's license info?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers

0 Cheers

actually I found it way down at the bottom of that page - thanks.