Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter the answer to (Question G) "Did you "materially participate" in the operation of this business during 2022? on Sch C Form in ProConnect?

On Sch C: Profit or Loss From Business, Line G, we are asked if we materially participated in the operation of the business. I don't see an option to enter this on the "Input" tab. When I view the form on the "Check Return" tab and click the "highlighted" blue field I am taking back to the "Input" tab, however I do not see the option to enter yes. I can only check the box next to "Did not "materially participate"", however, when left checked or unchecked the answer still shows as "No" on Sch C, Line G. Please advise.
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions

Actually, I found my issue it's this line on the "Input" tab:

Passive activity: 1=active participation, 2=not active.

I entered one. Deleted the entry and entered nothing here and it now says "Yes" on Sch C.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
nmms
Level 4

When I leave the box Did not "materially participate" unchecked, the Schedule C line G question Did you "materially participate" in the operation of this business during 2022? etc. has a big X in the Yes box.

I just checked again, that box isn't checked and unfortunately I'm getting this error.

0 Cheers

Actually, I found my issue it's this line on the "Input" tab:

Passive activity: 1=active participation, 2=not active.

I entered one. Deleted the entry and entered nothing here and it now says "Yes" on Sch C.

Thanks for your help, that is definitely a solution as well for any readers out there check both.

0 Cheers