Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What form do I use to input the information for a first time buyer that withdrew money from their IRA? I see form 8606 I entered info but it did not calculate.

Level 1
The taxpayer withdrew money from their IRA to buy a house, when I enter all of the w-2, pension info I get the total income which makes the taxpayer have to pay back taxes so how do I inter the info for the first time buyer so they want have to pay taxes on the IRA?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Level 15

First time homebuyer rule, if applicable, only gets you out of the 10% penalty not the income tax.

Might COVID related distribution apply?

0 Cheers