Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spouse search

taxsolutions
Level 3

Is there a way to search for the spouse in proconnect (PTO)? Many of my clients have spouses with different last names. Furthermore the spouse is the main point of contact. So when I go to search for the tax return, I have forgotten the taxpayer's (TP) name. It appears to me that PTO only searches for the TP.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately not.

My workaround for you would be to name your return Husband LastName & Wife LastName so that you can locate the return easily using the search box on the Tax returns dashboard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately not.

My workaround for you would be to name your return Husband LastName & Wife LastName so that you can locate the return easily using the search box on the Tax returns dashboard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxsolutions
Level 3

That works. This is the first year and we converted from another software so only the taxpayer's name came over in the name.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm relieved to read the rest of the post.  I saw "spouse search" and I was afraid Intuit had added a dating service to generate some extra cash from this place.

Slava Ukraini!
taxsolutions
Level 3

I'm single if there are any SWF tax preparer's out there. 😉

itonewbie
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I'm relieved to read the rest of the post.  I saw "spouse search" and I was afraid Intuit had added a dating service to generate some extra cash from this place.

Brings back memories about Chuck Woolery and Love Connection.

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

If @itonewbie wants to go with Love Connection - @taxsolutions how many dates would you go on before you asked her to see her W-2?

Slava Ukraini!
taxsolutions
Level 3

Probably more than she would. Lol