Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Intuit ProConnect incorrectly limit social security wages on the 2021 wages input screen to the 2020 limit of $137,700 instead of using the 2021 limit of $142,800?

kscpamaine
Level 1
Has the 2021 ProConnect actually been updated for 2021?
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Intuit software is still pretty useless for accuracy.  You probably need to wait at least another 2 or 3 weeks for a semi-reliable tax return.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Agreed. But the 2021 SS wage base was announced a little over a  year ago. You'd think they could have programmed that on day 1 .

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe nobody told the programmers that the number changed.🙈🙊🙉

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@sjrcpa wrote:

Agreed. But the 2021 SS wage base was announced a little over a  year ago. You'd think they could have programmed that on day 1 .

Sort of like the HSA limits.  They are announced about 16 months before the software comes out, yet year after year it takes about 2 months for Intuit to update the software.  It is amazing that any of us continue to use Intuit software.

I wonder how many tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars of potential income from new customers that Intuit has lost out on due to my actively pointing out Intuit's severe deficiencies and trying to dissuade people from using Intuit products.  Management doesn't understand that investing in a high-quality product and a GOOD development team will increase their profits by means of increased customer retention and an increased new customer base.   Instead, they resort to deceitful tactics and marketing. 

kscpamaine
Level 1

I learned the hard way that often this is done intentionally.  The W-2 forms just posted replaced millions of 2021 incorrect W-2 forms originally posted incorrect as they intentionally were missing the last week of payroll.....to keep accurate W-2 forms out of the hands of those choosing to print them and go to H&R Block.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"as they intentionally were missing the last week of payroll"

Did you mean the last pay date or the last week of Work? Posted where?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers