Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I change the Firm Name on the email that gets sent to clients for esignature?

PBT_22
Level 2
I've gone into firm information in the settings tab and updated that but that name I put in the Firm name does not appear in the email where it says it will autofill the Firm name but instead it shows my actual name in the email and I cant change it from anywhere.
0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

Firm Name is the name used to get your EFIN. If you want to change that you must start with IRS.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PBT_22
Level 2

Thank you for the response but the weird thing is my Firm Name for my EFIN is my actual Firm Name not my personal name so not much I can do on the IRS side either. Also in the Firm and EFIN information tab of PCT under settings it show my Firm name under the verified EFIN section and so nowhere do I see it say my personal name being used as my Firm name.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Is it perhaps using Preparer Name instead of Firm Name?

I don't know if you can edit the template.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
PBT_22
Level 2

So I thought that too and so I've tried changing my name under preparer info to see if that would work and nothing. I've also tried finding any where my personal name is and switching it to my Firm name but nothing has changed it. As far as I can tell I've done everything correct from the EFIN registration to the PCT Firm and personal info registration. Ive also tried doing some of the override options within the return inputs to see if that does anything but still no luck. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

One more try - you say e-mail, are you speaking LINK?

01.jpg02.jpg

PBT_22
Level 2

Yup I tried that already too 😞 I've also gone as far as changing my name on my DocuSign account because the email that has the issue is the e-signature email thats seems to be sent from DocuSign but unfortunately that did not work either. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Contact Support https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect-... and see if they can help. I am out of guesses. 

0 Cheers
PBT_22
Level 2

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and help me out with this issue. I'll contact support and see what I can find out from them. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@PBT_22  Please post your answer in case others have this issue.