Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior Year E-File

Egraham08
Level 1

I have a client that wants to efile W2s for 2015, 2016, and 2018. Will I be able to efile through the proconnect system for these years or do I need to submit them all by paper? Do I need to do anything special to get these processed?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

You asked about W2, which is Payroll, not Income taxes.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Egraham08
Level 1

My client submitted W2s for the purpose of getting his taxes processed....

Did you have an actually solution to the question?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

He isn't submitting W2. He is filing his 1040 income tax return. On it you report the W2 info submitted by his employer.

Tax Year 2018 can be e-filed. The others are too old and must be filed by paper.

sjrcpa
Level 15

ProConnect may not still have those older years available either. 

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

I don't know how far back you will see. Here's a topic for how to start with the oldest year possible to work your way forward:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/my-first-year-in-proconnect-tax/how-do-i-enter-a-prior-year-...

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can e-file 1040 for the current year and the two prior years. All earlier ones need to be paper filed. 

ProConnect Tax goes back to 2013. Start with your earliest year and it will save you time by being able to roll information in the future year. Do them carefully one at a time. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns