Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper copy to file with IRS - what forms to include?

agoyal
Level 2

New to ProConnect, I need to file several older year returns 2017-2020 (All 1040 but with 4 schedule-C in each) which are not allowed to e-file any more. I can generate a pdf copy but it has many more forms including worksheets and summaries. I don't know what forms really to send to Federal and State? Shall I send the entire package including NOL and depreciation worksheets? Urgent answer appreciated. Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Since you are so unsure as to what is required and are in a great rush - Send it all. It is more important for the government to get all they want and maybe a few bonus sheets that they can ignore if they want, than it is for them to not get one very important form. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Since you are so unsure as to what is required and are in a great rush - Send it all. It is more important for the government to get all they want and maybe a few bonus sheets that they can ignore if they want, than it is for them to not get one very important form. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
agoyal
Level 2

Thank you for the speedy response. Yes it makes sense to mail more than is needed so they can ignore or at least see how I arrived at all depreciation and NOL calculations. You made my day, I will mail the returns today! Happy Holidays to you too.