Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My social sec number shown as EFIN and so many other issues

Linda2France
Level 2

The last 3 times I have used chat to get help on logistical issues for ProConnect... I have been put on chat hold for at times 30 minutes... which I still type... "are you still there" ... and then suddenly dropped.  When I try to reconnect... it says, no longer available because of the hour closing.  Which means to me... this chat help, when they don't have the answer, ride out the clock and I waste my time waiting for help that will never arrive.  

When I am paying over $80 per return with no option to purchase a greater volume discount and the company holds all my client data and history hostage (meaning I cannot even transfer it to Lacerte, by the same company)... I am incredibly discouraged, frustrated and now Angry!

MY PERSONAL SOCIAL SECURITY number is being shown to my clients.  Though I am listed as self-employed, have a PTIN... they are revealing my personal SSN as the firm's EIN.  They found a solution but only if I copy returns and pay twice for the same return and then request a refund per return.  We all know how well that works.  

Hugely disappointed and looking for a

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

You realize you are preaching to the choir?  Almost everyone here is your peers.  There are a few Intuit moderators here but they're probably as helpless as you.

Few things you get wrong though:

1. You can always switch back from ProConnect Tax to Lacerte, which is the engine under the hood.  When you do decide to revert, you just need to request Intuit to export your ProConnect Tax data to the Lacerte format, which you can then import.  It works seamlessly.
  2. Intuit doesn't ask for your SSN as part of your account setup and cannot, therefore, disclose that to anyone.  The only reason why your SSN shows up on the return as your firm's EIN is because you mistakenly entered that under Firm Information.  Click on Settings (i.e. the gear icon) on the left panel, select Firm Information from the popup, verify your Federal ID # and change it back to your firm's EIN.

We can help you with program-related and technical questions much quicker and more accurately than Support.  Unfortunately, we can't help you with account-related issues.  If it's any consolation, we share your pain.

Next time, instead of contacting Support, try using this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

You realize you are preaching to the choir?  Almost everyone here is your peers.  There are a few Intuit moderators here but they're probably as helpless as you.

Few things you get wrong though:

1. You can always switch back from ProConnect Tax to Lacerte, which is the engine under the hood.  When you do decide to revert, you just need to request Intuit to export your ProConnect Tax data to the Lacerte format, which you can then import.  It works seamlessly.
  2. Intuit doesn't ask for your SSN as part of your account setup and cannot, therefore, disclose that to anyone.  The only reason why your SSN shows up on the return as your firm's EIN is because you mistakenly entered that under Firm Information.  Click on Settings (i.e. the gear icon) on the left panel, select Firm Information from the popup, verify your Federal ID # and change it back to your firm's EIN.

We can help you with program-related and technical questions much quicker and more accurately than Support.  Unfortunately, we can't help you with account-related issues.  If it's any consolation, we share your pain.

Next time, instead of contacting Support, try using this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Linda2France
Level 2

thank you so much for your detailed, helpful and compassionate reply