Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is the second time that when I try to file electronically the system show an error that the file has a SSN or a EIN that has been previously filed, HELP to SOLVE

cristina.wagner
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"It is the second time that when I try to file electronically the system show an error that the file has a SSN or a EIN that has been previously filed, HELP to SOLVE"

If a return has already been filed with that SSN, your only option is to paper file the return.....seems a common theme these days that people got impatient waiting for their stimulus money and used the non-filer site which screws up the Efiling of their actual tax return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15
Look at what ITONewbie posted in https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/how-i-can-print...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I just got a rejected client. It said dependent's SSN has already been filed. But not by me.

The kid's 21 and in college. What are the odds that he filed his own 1040 and claimed himself, thereby screwing his parents of e-filing and getting their refund quickly?

Amending his by paper, and filing the parents' by paper during the shutdown? Priceless.

Refund? Don't hold your breath.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.