Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to import a prepared tax return (prepared in Ultra Tax) to be e-filed through ProConnect

jessv1
Level 2

We have a client who's tax return was prepared in Ultra Tax but we can no longer file through them.  Is there a way to import the return into ProConnect and e-file it?

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe that answer would be - no.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jessv1
Level 2

Definitely, not what I wanted to hear but thank you for your response.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can convert Ultra Tax 2022 to ProConnect 2022, then proforma that ProConnect to 2023

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/convert-files/programs-tax-return-types-co...

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/convert-files/convert-tax-return-data-proc...

This is not true, if you used an online version of the software you are converting from.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

Just as @George4Tacks says.

In other words, conversion only works on prior year returns (i.e. 2022).  Since the objective is to proforma the current year's return and worksheets (PDF organizer), you should pay attention to the table for what actually converts.

This also means that, if you want to use the converted 2022 return for actually tax filing (whether on paper or electronically), you will likely need to fill in quite a bit and review the returns in details - the "converted returns" will not be filing ready, even though they may be so in UltraTax.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Unless I  am missing something, the answer is still no.🤔

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm curious, but not George. Why can't you efile it with UltraTax?

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I was guessing that it is something like Intuit's Fast Path fee - no renewal, no e-file.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I was thinking the same thing.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

It seems we need to do much guessing. Intuit needs to give more guidance on how to ask a full and complete question. I seem to remember the newspapers W's

Who?

What?

When?

Where?

Why?

It seems even newspaper's don't always use those anymore. "There was a car accident and someone may have been hurt." shows up often in my local rag. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
jessv1
Level 2

Our contract ended. 

0 Cheers