Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest and Dividend Income is not showing up on State Returns

Viktor Y
Level 2

Hello everyone, 

I'm working on one of my client's returns and for some reason their dividend and interest income is not showing up on their state return (for PA state)? I'm seeing it on Form 1040 just not flowing to state...  Please advise. 

Thank you!

Viktor  

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Under General > Client Information, did you select PA as the resident state and check the box for Full Year Resident?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Viktor Y
Level 2

No, because she was a part-time resident in PA in 2022.  She lived in AZ first part of the year and then moved to PA second part of the year (July 2022).  Software automatically determined that she was a non-resident in AZ due to lower income attributed to AZ relative to PA. She lived in PA on last day of 2022. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That explains why.  You need to code and source each line item then.  Refer to the following articles for details instructions and come back with more info if you need help:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-w-2/create-multi-state-return-proconne...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/multi-state-taxes/entering-multi-state-amou...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@Viktor Y wrote:

Software automatically determined that she was a non-resident in AZ due to lower income attributed to AZ relative to PA.

The software cannot and did not determine which state she was a resident of or where the income should be sourced to.  It's PEBKAC.  Please refer to my last post for how this can be resolved.

Still an AllStar