Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indiana Schedule IN K-1

IndyCB
Level 2

On the Indiana Schedule IN K-1 Question 5 asks what type of entity is the partner.  I have not been able to get this information to populate.  Where do you enter this to get it to show up on the form?

The type of entity is showing up on the Federal K-1.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Unless the partner is a DRE, nothing should be populated on Line 5.  Here's an excerpt from filing instructions (emphasis added):

Line 4a and b. If the partner is a disregarded entity (DE), enter the partner’s name and FEIN, and indicate what kind of partner the entity is (see instructions for federal Schedule K-1 at apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html).

Line 5. List the type of entity of the partner for whom you are issuing the Schedule IN K-1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

What return are you working on? 1065? 1120S? 1041? 1040?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IndyCB
Level 2

dkh
Level 15

You can enter this information through the Indiana K1 Worksheet.

If you are on the K1 for the partner - double click on line 5 - it will take you to K1 worksheet

IndyCB
Level 2

I am using Proconnect.  There doesn't seem to be a K-1 worksheet.  If I go to refresh forms and the to the individual K-1's I can click on Line 5 and it takes me to Details: Schedule K-1 Miscellaneous,  where I can override the Entity type on 1065 Schedule B.  I tried entering the information here and it still doesn't carry to the Indiana Schedule K-1, it just changes the Federal K-1.  I even tried using the Disregarded Entity: Partner Information section to see if by chance this would populate line 5, but it doesn't.  I believe that Proconnect believes that Question 5 only related to a Disregarded Entity, but that is not correct.

Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Unless the partner is a DRE, nothing should be populated on Line 5.  Here's an excerpt from filing instructions (emphasis added):

Line 4a and b. If the partner is a disregarded entity (DE), enter the partner’s name and FEIN, and indicate what kind of partner the entity is (see instructions for federal Schedule K-1 at apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html).

Line 5. List the type of entity of the partner for whom you are issuing the Schedule IN K-1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IndyCB
Level 2

Thank you for your input!

I am going to leave line 5 blank.  Reading the instructions for lines 4a and b, does seem to indicate that Line 5 is for DRE, unfortunately Line 5 instructions are not detailed and do not limit its use to DRE's.

0 Cheers