Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I prepared a delinquent 2019 and at the time I had 1 credit for 2019 products. But it was credited from my 2020 purchase credit. How can I fix this problem?

Noriko
Level 2
If I work on past year tax returns, will it be always credited from the newest purchased credit such as 2020?  Is there any way to avoid this problem in the future?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

That's been the policy for 2 years now.  Credits you purchase for the year automatically expire at the end of the year.  Printing or e-filing any return during the year, whether for the current or prior years, will cost you a credit from your account (which will not show any balance from a prior year).

If you have any returns you're working on and can't yet finalize before the end of the year but still have credits left on your account, you should always print a copy to trigger a "purchase" before your credits expire.  This way, you can print or e-file them later without having credits deducted from you account in a subsequent year.  I also posted a reminder to peer users late last year but you probably didn't notice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar