Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to file a 2020 return for a new client through Proconnect. I was told since I didn't have any prior year credits, I'm SOL and can't buy a prior year tax return??

leslie-roberts
Level 2
What are my options?  Am I supposed to buy several extra returns each year in case a client or two walks in wanting prior years filed?  Is there no work around on this? Help.
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

The credits you have now for this year are good on ANY YEAR. Select the year you want from the dropdown in the upper right. 

Credits were cheaper then, but the price goes up each year for ANY YEAR you use. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
nlas
Level 1

I have the same issue!! 😩

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The credits you have now for this year are good on ANY YEAR. Select the year you want from the dropdown in the upper right. 

Credits were cheaper then, but the price goes up each year for ANY YEAR you use. 

George4Tacks
Level 15

When you buy credits there is an itty bitty disclaimer link that says:

• #1 professional tax software on the cloud : 

Based on Intuit internal data of the number of paid users of ProConnect for tax year 2020 compared to publicly available statements from competitors for the same time period.

• For Tax Year 2021: All Intuit ProConnect Tax Online returns pre-ordered and purchased are for use during the calendar year 2022 and can be used for any tax return supported by Intuit ProConnect Tax. 1040 and business returns and can only be used for the designed return type. Returns purchased but not used by December 31, 2022 will not roll over into the next tax year. Any pre-orders not canceled prior to December 22, 2021 will be charged to the credit card on file. Intuit has no obligation to refund all or part of the purchase price for prior purchases of ProConnect Tax or unused returns. ProConnect Tax tax returns are credited to the Customer Account Number that purchased them and cannot be transferred to other Intuit accounts. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options are subject to change without notice.
  • Save 30% off: 

The purchase of all tax year 2021 tax returns purchased between 8 a.m. Central time on March 16, 2022 through 6 p.m. Central time on April 15, 2022. Savings calculation based on tax year 2021 list price. 30% discount is a limited-time offer for new customers that may only be claimed once. Purchase discounted returns directly from Intuit ProConnect Tax at ito.intuit.com or call (844) 779-1133. Customer will be required to provide payment information at the time of the pre order. Your entire purchase amount will not be charged until January 6th, 2022. Cancel your pre-order by December 22, 2021 to avoid being charged.

• Cancellation: Upon cancellation or the termination of your account, you may not have access to the ProConnect Tax Services, data and other Content you uploaded to the Tax Online Services. Please follow in-product instructions to cancel your account. We suggest that you retain your own copies of any data or Content that you may need, as Intuit is not responsible for providing you access to the Services or your data or Content after any cancellation or termination of this Agreement.
  • Refund policy: 

If you purchase returns between the date of first availability of the next Tax Year, but before December 22, 2021, you may cancel your order. In the event you do not cancel your purchase before December 22, 2021, or purchase returns after December 22, 2021, Intuit shall issue a refund on unused returns within thirty (30) calendar days from your purchase date upon request. No other refund requests shall be honored.

• Add-on information: Additional terms, conditions and fees may apply with these optional add-on services.

nlas
Level 1

Thank you!!  😀

0 Cheers
leslie-roberts
Level 2

Thank you so much George.  I appreciate your assistance!

0 Cheers