Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a way to uncheck Form 1065 Line 1g5 that is in error.

kurt1
Level 2
I have a Form 1065 where it is showing line 1G box 5 "Amended" as checked.  This is NOT an amended return and I can't find where it in the input screens that is selected.  I have tried the Form 1065X screen in the Other Forms area and that is not it; nothing checked there.  BTW, it also causes the Amended box to be checked on the K-1s.  I see an override for those but not for the form 1065.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
kurt1
Level 2

Just to answer my own question . . . I chatted online with Intuit ProConnect Help and they suggested I look in the Profile tab to see if the Amended e-File box was checked.  It was because it had carried forward from the prior year when I rolled the return from 2018 to 2019.  Unchecking that box fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15
look at the 1065 form in Check Return. Click the amended box and it should jump to the input.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
kurt1
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion, but that was what I meant by saying that I had already checked the 1065X page.  When I clicked on the amended box that is where it took me.  There is an option to Override and make it say Amended, but no option to Override and make it NOT Amended.  Not sure where else to look.  I can override the K-1s to make them not amended but I can't find where to do that with the Form 1065.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is a check box for amended. REMOVE THE CHECKMARK.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
kurt1
Level 2

I really do appreciate your continuing to try to help but in my original post I noted that "nothing is checked there".  The Amended return box on that page is NOT CHECKED.  But when I check the return it is checked on the return.  I am trying to figure out if there is somewhere else that might be populating this information.

0 Cheers
kurt1
Level 2

Just to answer my own question . . . I chatted online with Intuit ProConnect Help and they suggested I look in the Profile tab to see if the Amended e-File box was checked.  It was because it had carried forward from the prior year when I rolled the return from 2018 to 2019.  Unchecking that box fixed the problem.