Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm entering info from a 1095-A for a dependent who is being claimed by the non custodial parent who is NOT covered by this policy. How can I do this in Proconnect?

KrissyBTaxlady
Level 1
Non custodial parent, who is my client, would like to claim the child tax credit for this dependent. I must enter information for the 1095-A because dependent in covered by this policy.
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Are you just asking how to enter a 1095-A?

Or are you asking something else?

Does the 1095-A show Advance credit (column C of the 1095-A)?

If so, does the 1095-A cover more than one person?

If so, has your client discussed with the custodial parent how to divide it?  For example, is the Custodial Parent agreeable to claiming 100%?

0 Cheers
KrissyBTaxlady
Level 1

Yes, there is advance premium tax credit involved. There are 3 people on this 1095-A, the taxpayer's ex-wife and two children from his previous marriage, one of whom he is claiming for child tax credit purposes as a non custodial parent. 

0 Cheers
KrissyBTaxlady
Level 1

The taxpayer's ex-wife will be claim 100% of everything on this form. So on the allocation section, all premiums, advance tax credit will be 100% allocated to ex-wife whose policy it is. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Okay, so what exactly is your question?

In the allocation section, you enter the percentage that your client is claiming (0%, so you 0.00 is entered).

Intuit does have some problems with 0% allocations, so it may required some tinkering.  If you e-file and the IRS rejects it, you can print the 8962 to a PDF and attach it to the return called "ACA Explanation".

I use ProSeries, so I can't guide you specifically how to enter it in ProConnect.