Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to create a PDF Lacerte-like organizer in PTO like I did last year

beachtaxgirl
Level 2

Hi,

Last year I was able to print PDF organizers in PTO that had the client's prior year information in them (just like Lacerte).  They weren't fillable but my clients loved them.  I can't recall how to create them.  All of the instructions seem to just show how to create the Intuit-Link checklist.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Does this help at all?

How to create PDF organizers in ProConnect Tax (intuit.com)

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

ProConnect Tax never had a proforma organizer, let alone a fillable one.

This has been brought up to Intuit's attention over many years but it's unlikely anything will change because Intuit is fixated on the idea of Checklist being the future.

You are limited to the options shown in the hyperlink IRMN posted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
beachtaxgirl
Level 2

I need to clarify what I am asking about.  Last year, there was a way in PTO where you could create a non-fillable PDF that had the prior year data in it just like the one in Lacerte.  I am trying to find out if they gave us this capability for 2023.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I know it's proforma organize you're looking for. 

But no, nothing like that is available in ProConnect Tax.  Think Boris did mention last year that they were looking into it though, if my memory serves me.  Nothing came of it, unfortunately.

If you transitioned from Lacerte last year, you could have printed those from 2021 Lacerte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
beachtaxgirl
Level 2

Hi,

I've always used PTO.  Last year I used the collect data - intuit link to print the prior year and the report was just like the Lacerte organizer (paper only).  Here is a sample of the HSA page that was printed from PTO, not Lacerte.  It just is in the Lacerte format.  I know that I went to the collect data - intuit section but can't remember how I got to this point.  I can reach out to Boris directly.  Thanks for trying to help.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 9.52.23 AM.png

itonewbie
Level 15

Good to know, @beachtaxgirl.  Would you mind sharing what you find out here?  Thanks!

Still an AllStar
beachtaxgirl
Level 2

Someone on FaceBook knew.

Under the Batch Actions tab, select Create prior year worksheets.

itonewbie
Level 15

Thanks, @beachtaxgirl.  Don't get why they bury that under batch action though.  Ah, that's not very Intuit(ive), is it?

Still an AllStar