Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get depreciation to flow through to SCH E?

PNWDuck
Level 1

I've entered the land and structure separately in the depreciation section, and selected the Sch E activity they should connect with. But no depreciation for the structure is showing up on my Sch E. What gives?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
nmms
Level 4

First, enter the Description of the property in Rental and Royalty Income Property Information like this

Screenshot Schedule E.jpg

Second, link that property to the Schedule E in the Asset Information section under Depreciation like this 

Screenshot Depreciation.jpg

greg7
Level 3

In my experience, this type of thing is usually caused by a field being blank that is used by the system to trigger the form.  I would go back through the depreciation screen and make sure you have all the fields filled out.  

For instance, the same thing happens in charitable donations if you don't have the description field filled out.

If you go through all the fields and can't find one that is blank or filled out incorrectly, then call the helpdesk and they can tell you which fields trigger the form.