Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I have the software split interest and dividends between states when I moved mid-year. Is there an automatic way to do it?

myramarch1
Level 2

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Manually.

No automatic way.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

Manually.

No automatic way.

Ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

You moved mid-year?

Are you a tax professional?  If not, you won't have an EFIN and won't be able to e-file with ProConnect Tax.

Also, you would be better off using a regular consumer product; using professional tax software could actually lead you to file an inaccurate return because there are way too many technical switches for typical consumers who don't have sufficient knowledge of tax law to navigate and toggle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxes96786
Level 9

you follow the instructions on how to fill out the form.

0 Cheers
myramarch1
Level 2

Hi - thanks for the reply - I am a retired CPA - did taxes for years.  The software I used for multi-state was much more helpful - I didn't manually have to add extra lines to accomplish the split.  I don't have access to that software anymore, but assumed there was a place to add a percentage or something in proconnect.  I guess I was wrong.  Thank you much for taking the time to reply.

myramarch1
Level 2

Thank you - I thought that was the case, but wanted to confirm.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

itonewbie
Level 15

@myramarch1 Good to know.  In that case, this article should help you with the sourcing entries in ProConnect Tax.  Cheers!

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/multi-state-taxes/entering-multi-state-amou...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
myramarch1
Level 2

Very helpful - thank you for taking the time to reply!