Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the Form 6252 to calculate the taxable amount of the principal payments?

mattgutz
Level 3
The payments received are correct on Line 21 ($56,215) and line 20 should be $0 as the installment sale began in 2021 (not 2022).  However line 22 should be the sum of lines 20 & 21 - $56,215.
It is being calculated as $0.
I am spinning my wheels - any help is much appreciated!!
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
mattgutz
Level 3

Figured it out

I originally entered the payments into Current Year Installment Sale.  It actually goes into Prior Year Installmet Sale and then Current Year Principal Payments.

Thanks for everyone's help! 

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is part I completed?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mattgutz
Level 3

Part I is completed.  The 2022 amounts were populated from the 2021 software (from the original sale in 2021).

Thanks!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, I don't use ProConnect so that was my one wild stab in the dark.  Out of curiosity is -1 entered on line 20?  Based on posts showing up over the years here, I know the Lacerte family is allergic to zeroes and folks are forced to use -1 instead of zero.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

What is line 19?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
mattgutz
Level 3

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Contact Support EITHER https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/proconnect-tax-assist... OR https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect-...

They can help you go through the input detail.

I assume you only input the current year principal payments and all else was carryover. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
mattgutz
Level 3

Figured it out

I originally entered the payments into Current Year Installment Sale.  It actually goes into Prior Year Installmet Sale and then Current Year Principal Payments.

Thanks for everyone's help!