Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get 1040 line 1H to populate? I need to report foreign earned income not reported on a W-2 for a person who lives outside the US in 2022.

cakeen
Level 3

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Intuit_RSTaxMan
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

Please refer to the 1040 instructions for line 1h. The program will calculate excess reimbursement from 2106, excess salary deferral, disability pensions, excess reimbursement from 3903, excess ministry allowance, and strike or lockout benefits. Input for Form 1040, line 1h "other earned income" will come from various inputs in the program (ex. 3903, 2106, miscellaneous income, etc.)

Lev Aizikovich
Level 1

I used the "other earned income" box under "Foreign Allowances, Reimbursements, and Other Earned Income" (Form 2555 wages), and the income is populated in-line 1a instead of line 1h. How can I solve this issue? 

EL5
Level 1

How do the wages earned in foreign country and reported on Form 2555 be reported on Form 1040 line 1h instead of line 1a. Thanks!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You can't.  ProConnect is not programmed to flow the numbers to Line 1h (although I would have preferred that it does).  Just stay with Line 1a.  Nothing will come of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar