Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I override the passive rehabilitation credit carry forward amount?

frank4252
Level 1

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Check return > find the line with the number you want to edit or delete and CLICK on it > That should take you to at input or at least close to it.

I could probably give you a more direct answer if I knew which type of return you were working on.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
frank4252
Level 1

Thanks. It is form 1040. But the return shows a large carryover of the passive rehabilitation credit and I can't find where it is coming from. Most all of the credit was used up in 2020 leaving only a small credit to carryover.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Find the credit on the form (8582-CR?) and RIGHT CLICK then select Jump to Input.

You can use Ctrl + F to start a search > Use Rehabilitation and it will show you all the entry points 

Another hint could be in the Interactive Input Detail screen look for a BOLD section in the Credits (Maybe 34) section. 

It is possible that if you did the proforma in an early release that it messed up. 

If you disposed on the related passive activity, it would free up any carryover. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers