Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't received the e-file confirmation of Form 114

olgaates
Level 2

Hi, 

We filed Form 114 for a corporate client 2 days ago, but the status is still showing "Received by Agency". I recently found out that BSA acknowledgements are received in 2-5 days; however, I'm afraid that there'll be a problem in the filing and we won't have enough time as the deadline is Oct 17. According to BSA instructions, we understand that we can call BSA and ask if the form is filed, but they are only working on the weekdays, which leaves us with only 1 day. 

Is this delay a common thing? When should we expect the acknowledgment? Would you suggest anything else to ensure the form is filed? I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

FinCen 114 acks always take longer than income tax return acks. Sometimes it's a week.

You just need to be patient.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

FinCen 114 acks always take longer than income tax return acks. Sometimes it's a week.

You just need to be patient.

Ex-AllStar
olgaates
Level 2

Thank you very much for your reply. The status is finally updated, but now it is "accepted with errors". I searched the error code in FBAR reporting requirements and corrected it in the form. I have ticked the "Amended" box in Form 114 and entered the BSA confirmation ID. However, PTO doesn't allow me to file and shows the following message:

"The amended return cannot be accepted while the status of the original filing is unknown. Please wait to file your amended return until the original return status has been returned. Problem occurred transmitting efile data"

I have tried eveyrthing. What am I doing wrong?

0 Cheers
olgaates
Level 2

Apparently, Form 114 had not yet been accepted by the agency even though PTO showed "accepted with errors". Since the original form had not yet been completely filed, I wasn't able to file an amended form. Yesterday morning, PTO finally allowed me to file the amended report. And I guess the acknowledgement will again only be available within a couple of days. 

0 Cheers