Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody had critical errors from a valid routing number?

Part-timer
Level 2

I already knew that the routing number was valid, but the critical review error wouldn't go away, and I check with my son, who works at the bank - and it's the only routing number they have.  I've tried two or three times reaching helping help through chat, but they aren't open at 3 pm Eastern time?   

First time asking here, thank you

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Savings vs checking account?  

And your return or a client's return?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Delete the information. 

Exit the return.

Go back into the return and enter the information again.

Sometimes that banishes sneaky little gremlins lurking in the data.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Part-timer
Level 2

Thank you for your response:  Client's return, checking acct, and it was marked correctly.  And I finally got hold  of support, Christina was marvelous, there's an error in the system (apparently), and it 's good to ignore the error.

0 Cheers
Part-timer
Level 2

Thank you for your reply,

I  tried it, but this little gremlin was stubborn.  I finally got hold of chat support, and they remoted in, saw how doggedly persistent it was, and after ensuring that I myself had verified all the banking details, she cleared it for ignoring the error. Worst case scenario, if the state doesn't recognize the routing number (but it will) - it will send a paper check for the state refund.

0 Cheers