Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8283 not ready yet, why?

mchebatoris
Level 2

I've had an 1120S return ready for three weeks, but I'm still waiting on Proconnect to finalize form 8283. Any insight on when the forms will be finalized?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
tikiman747
Level 1

We have the same issue, the revised 8283 forms have been released since January 27, 2024 per the IRS. I have contacted Lacerte Support who give no additional information beyond the information found in the tax form availability tool. Of particular concern is why the form shows available for e-file in ProSeries, but Lacerte and ProConnect show that the forms are not available. This question has been asked in the community previously and no one has been able to give an answer. Its even more frustrating that the form is the same for the individual module and that is e-filing just fine.

I have been unable to get an answer from anyone as to why its not available, if they are currently working on it or if it will be available prior to the 15th. 

0 Cheers
mchebatoris
Level 2

I appreciate the detailed response. Thank you.

0 Cheers
tikiman747
Level 1

I am waiting for a call from a supervisor. I doubt it will yield any new information, but if it does, I will let you now. 

0 Cheers