Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4562 isn't displaying current year depreciation

Sirius
Level 3

Hello,

I am finalizing a clients personal return for 2022. This client is self-employed and owns a 100% business vehicle that was purchased in 2022. Please see my question below.

I have added the vehicle to form 4562 and elected the special depreciation allowance. In ProConnect, form 4562 is showing the special allowance deduction (limited to $19.2K), but is not calculating a current year depreciation amount (line 26, column H). Is there an override that must be performed for this amount to be calculated?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You have your answer - the software already provided you with it.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

What is the 2023 limit on depreciation for this type of vehicle?

Ex-AllStar
Sirius
Level 3

Just to clarify, this is for a 2022 Return. Not for 2023. I believe the 2023 limit is $20.2K.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is the limit for special depreciation or total depreciation? 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
Sirius
Level 3

That's a great question. I was receiving conflicting information and was under the impression it only applied to special depreciation. I did just read an excerpt in the IRS instructions for form 4562 and it sounds like the limit may apply to total depreciation. So I may have my answer, but would love a second opinion.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You have your answer - the software already provided you with it.

Slava Ukraini!
Sirius
Level 3

Thanks for confirming! I greatly appreciate it!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers