Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1065 e-file with all foreign partners

Level 1

I have a LLC owned by two non-resident partners.  The LLC generates income but its considered to be not ECI. As such, the foreign partners are not subject to tax in the U.S.  

Both the non-residents do not have an ITIN.  When I am preparing the Form 1065 and using the "000-00-0000" in the ID number field it shows incorrect value.  However, the IRS recently issued the updated FAQ where in the xml schema went a change from "ForeignUS" to "000-00-0000".

Can please someone guide me on how to e-file the Form 1065?  or do I need to paper file it with the IRS. 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Level 15

Contact support.


I think you have a paper filing.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Level 1

Thanks for the info. 

0 Cheers