Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when submitting PDF with tax return (Code R0000-058-01)

efrandin
Level 2

Hello,

I am receiving the error below when I submit a PDF of Form 7203.  Is there any other option other than submitting the return through the mail.

image.png

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Do you have to attach it as a pdf?

ProConnect doesn't include it in the efiled return?

If you do have to attach, make sure it is "linked" to Schedule E/S Corp basis or whatever the applicable choice the software gives you. The error is saying you haven't linked (referenced) it correctly or at all.

Ex-AllStar
efrandin
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Proconnect is requiring the attachment of 7203 for a basis calculation as a shareholder for an S-Corp.  

If I reference another form other then 98 = Form 7203, it will throw a critical error: Form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations, must be attached as a PDF for electronic filing purposes.

Is this a glitch in the system, therefore making me have to mail in the return? 

image.png

efrandin
Level 2

Just to follow up on this issue.  It appears I was trying to submit an e-File amended return through the e-File return screen.  Support identified this issue.  Once I submitted the return through to proper screen, it was accepted.  Whoops.

2023-02-08_08h48_41.png

George4Tacks
Level 15

FYI - You just joined a very large club! Thanks for sharing your OOPS!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns