Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 0008 South Carolina Rejection.

Linda2France
Level 2

The rejection instructions are not sufficient.  It says SC returns with a foreign address neet an ISO code, which I located and informs to put this code in the mailing address "Province" .... but this input field doesn't exist.  

I have retried 2 times. There is not a "Province" input for Foreign Address.  There is "Region" but by placing the info there, it doesn't work.

At the bottom of client information there is an input box for "South Carolina Country Code Number" ... but that should be 88 = Outside USA.

I have tried a search of "province" but nothing is applicable.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
Linda2France
Level 2

I have chatted with 3 different agents who took more than 1.5 hours to say it has been resolved and retry and then disconnect me.  All efforts to refile the SC return electronically with a foreign address returns the same rejection.

Not only has the chat abused my time and cost me greatly because you have to be attentive and can hardly multitask.... but after HOURS of "assistance" has never resolved a simple programming issue.

0 Cheers
Linda2France
Level 2

When I say "talking to an agent"... it has been a minimum of 1.5 hours PER CHAT

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is a search box at the top of the left column. When I search PROVINCE I find multiple entry points.

I wish I could help and I am extremely unhappy support could not do what they are supposed to do.

What country?

Is this for a 1040? 

Is there a country input for any other form in the return?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers