Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiled return when I meant to E-extend

Level 1


I use ProConnect and don;t prepare many returns. I E-filed a return when I meant to put it on extension. The original retrun had limited dated and was saved. I copied that return and have completed all data and saved that return. That saved return is my final return that needs to be filed as an Amended return at this time. 

ProConnect seems to allow you to Superceded an incorrectly filed return as an Amended return and e-File that return. I see on the Superceded return where to make the big picture changes but does the return with all the correct data gets submitted? There is a lot of additional data on the revised and correct return. 

Question: Should I just paper amend the return and send in a paper copy, or can I amend and E-file the correct return with all the correct backup? 


Also is there a way to contact Intuit directly anymore? 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 15

Just amend with all the correct information. This is a common error, so don't beat yourself up over it - BUT Don't do it again!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns